I’ve googling about hot to deploy django on VPS, but mostly i found is just some advice, not tuts. i’ve been confused all of time, in my head just thinking “how to deploy django on VPS with custom port“, yes i have a VPS access (Public IP), but no DNS server, nor domain. All I want is to access mypublicip:someport ex: 10.234.78.253:8090
After Googling couple times, I’ve found some interesting article, http://blog.stannard.net.au/2010/12/11/installing-django-with-apache-and-mod_wsgi-on-ubuntu-10-04/ i’ve doing that on my local machine, and everything goes well. but How on Server?
On Server need some setting on your wsgi files and virtual hosts files, these are the setting:
- wsgi files (example: /PATH/TO/DJANGO/PROJECT/django.wsgi)
- apache virtual hosts files (/etc/apache2/sites-available/WSGI_PROJECT)
- restart your apache server with this command
try to open 10.234.78.253:8090 and your project is accesible on your server.
- Virtual Hosts Doc http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/examples.html
- Django Project Documentation files https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/howto/deployment/wsgi/modwsgi/